Yeah I am getting another chance to blog via our friends computer. It is about 15 dollars for 20minutes with the hotel computer. So thanks to the Mears for letting me invade their room to write to you!
So today was a good day. We went to Shaman (spelling?) island today and shopped. We went to the White Swan Hotel and took red couch pictures. The kids did farly well with no naps. It was just nice to get out and walk around and hang out with a few adults. We also had fun going to eat at Lucy's and I found spaghetti here! I have had as much slimy chicken with the head attached as I can handle right now and although we brought about 30 snack bars we are running short already.
Sarah is doing well. You can pray she sleeps better tonight. The last 3 nights she has been waking up for 1-2 hours crying; it's hard to figure out what she needs last night it was socks, a drink, and she didn't like her pull up. She calls us mama and baba (Chinese mom and dad). She talks very soft so it's hard to understand her. She says hi and bye very well and is learning thank you. She loves to color and play with the kitchen stuff that I brought with me. Taylor and Sarah play picnic. Taylor has been a great big brother for the most part. the only times that are hard are when he wants to touch her and hug her; she doesn't like him to touch her.
Sarah seems healthy. Her tounge was gross when we got here. Even the pediatrican that is in the group said she didn't know what it was. It was yellow and white and bumpy. It didn't look or smell like yeast but it was gross. She had bumps on her arms and ears that she would scratch and everything is better and almost gone. She weighed 24-25lbs per the scale here. Her 2t and 3t pants fall to the ground. I found some pants here that have drawstrings that fit. Kim, that blue flower dress that is a small 2t fits her! I alomost didn't bring it because it was so small. She is tall though. Everyone here says she is tall for a southern Chinese girl.
Thad and I are trying to not count the days to come home. It's ruff being here with 2 toddlers. We feel blessed that Sarah is doing so well. Oh here is a funny one. Everyone says to layer the kids. This is their winter. So we keep Sarah in long sleeves. Taylor loves the pool. It's 70 degrees and feels really cold. It takes me 10 minutes to get in. So I got in with Taylor and Sarah wanted in. I thought she would freak out but she loved it! The Chinese people got mad at us I think but she loved it I hated to her her cry that she wanted in and not let her try. She laughed so hard when we put her in. She even snorted!
So tomorrow is a paper work day again. Monday is Sarah's health inspection. Tues is Christmas and we don't know what we will do. Maybe I will have another break down cry day ( the first one was yesterday) just home sick! Wed we have consulate appointments and Thurs is our swearing in ceremony. Friday we come home! can you tell I am excited to come home?
Not sure what else to write. I have to get going since I left Thad alone with the kids in the hotel room. I'll post some pictures too.
See you in a week. -Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment