Saturday, December 29, 2007

We are home and Sarah is a US citizen!

Hi there everyone!
We are home and it is 3am! We just had breakfast. We tried to get the kids to sleep but after trying from midnight to 3am we finally gave it up and just decided that they will stay up all day again today and try to figure out this day night thing. At midnight here it was 4pm there. It is 7pm in China now.

The flights went good. The flight from Guangzhou to Tokyo was 4hrs and packed but the flight from Tokyo to Portland was pretty empty and we claimed 2 rows so that the kids could sleep. Taylor slept 3hrs and Sarah on 1 1/2 (too much noise). Boy it was nice to have all that room, thank you Lord!

Sarah was overwhelmed at first. She rubs her feet together when she is having a hard time. She did good on the 1 1/2 hr ride home. She fell asleep about 30minutes in to it (so did Taylor). She doesn't like Sydney (dog) yet and tries to hit Sydney and Hunter (cat) and yells at them. She was really excited when she saw the snow! She squealed for a couple minutes about it. We took her on a tour and she knows where everything is and is starting to get comfortable with where things are. She did not want to sleep in her room and nap but she slept in her bed for a couple hrs this evening (with me). I'm glad we took a couple toys from here; I think they are her comfort toys here.

She is not sure what to think about all the new people. We went to Chinese to see our friend Kelly and also because I didn't want to cook. Sarah held tight and didn't want to look at anyone. We had to go to the store for groceries and she finally got down then and ran around a bit. The language should be the hard part. I am going to really try to get Taylor involved in that one to teach her. We have Dr appointments to make and several other things to do. Lets hope the time change thing happens soon. Sarah has those spots on her tongue again. Taylor and I don't feel that well. He has a cough and a sore throat and I have a sore throat and some body aches. All is well we are home and we made it through China without health issues! Thank you Lord!

OK I think we are going to try the bed thing again soon. Lets hope it works. Have a great day. -Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment