Friday, January 7, 2011

motivation...

Happy New Year!

So we had a great Christmas. The kids got into giving gifts. We read the book "Santa Are You For Real?" by Harold Meyer. What my kids took away from it was that anyone can be santa and soo...let the sneaky gift giving beigin they thought. They made pictures for everyone including the dog. They bought gifts for each other with their Awana money; deffinently some coaxing there. They found things Christmas morning that I didn't realize were at the bottom of the stockings. Oh to be a kid. What happend to the fun in gifts and the awe of Jesus's birth. I'd love to live through their eyes.  

This was the Year of Firsts. I said that in August too. This year everyone "had to be up for New Years" We made finger foods, played games, and watched the ball drop at 10pm via youtube with our own confette. Thad had a realy long day that day. I wanted the kids to get that it was the start to a new year and that we could make some goals. I had them think about goals throughout the day and at 6pm ish we wrote out our goals. Taylors: run the Cherry Fest Run, read 5 school books by the end of school, get a A+ in PE at school, serve food at Comunity meals (he is my sensitve guy. I think we saw someone homeless that day), and save money for a clone trooper. Sarahs: walk Sydney (the dog), cook with mom, read the 200 page Dick and Jane book we have, and  "love people". Mine: finish a 1/2 marathon this year (even if I have to crawl, try 10 new recipes (not a cook),  read 5 days week, pray for my kids and Thad. Thad came home late so His are in the jar but I haven't read them.  Here is the jar


It is sitting on the Dinning room table. Since both kids have made one of their goals they took out that slip of paper and put it on their wall with tape. So funny who would have thought they would get that into it!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you guys so much. Just remembering all the fun times we had in China. You are a great couple and your kids are so lucky to have you as parents. Keep up the great work. Happy New Year Routsons.

    ReplyDelete