Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day...

Hi there everyone. Hope you all had a great mother's day for all you mother's out there! We stayed close to home since Thad has been out of town off and on for the last 2 weeks. So yesterday afternoon we went to the Tom McCall scenic area close to our house and went for a hike. It was beautiful! The flowers were out and Taylor loved trying to identify types of bugs. Both the kids made the 2.5 mile hike on their own, wow! We had long pants on to guard against the tick population. Sarah and I sang songs from The Sound of Music which she got to see her cousin Brooke perform in. So here's to a great mother's day and hoping you had one to because...who knows what tomorrow may bring!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't checked your blog in a while. The kids seem to change so much in six months. Your family is beautiful and it looks like you have some wonderful adventures together!

    Donna
    (Shenzhen Mom)
    Our blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love that spot. I'll have to take the kiddos up there one day for an adventure! How is the hiking? Pretty safe for little ones?

    ReplyDelete