Friday, September 7, 2007

Who knows what tomorrow shall bring...
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
First post short and sweet.Time is cruising by and we realized that we should get the hang of blogging before our trip to China. Soo here it goes. I'm an official "blogger" now. Normally most would say I'm a rambler so now I will be a rambling blogger. I do feel a twinge sorry for you all reading this. You'll learn to read through what I write and get the basic thoughts and who knows sometimes my writing may flow smooth. No promises.

Summer is closing shop for us. I'm excited for fall. I love fall: The colors, cool air, a schedule and being home. This summer has been fun and busy! A few weeks of pear harvest are coming up but besides that we can be home. We did have a blast this summer. Taylor can now swim the length of the pool (about 20feet) by himself and he loves the diving board. Thad had a fun softball tournament in Bend and enjoys the daylight (not the heat) of summer when working. I was a camp nurse at a horse camp and was so blessed to see my niece ask Jesus to "live in her heart" as she put it. She was a bit taken back that I was crying but what is an Aunt to do right?

This site (I think) will mainly be used for updates regarding our little girl from China. She is born now (almost 100% sure). We hope to get a picture of her in December or January. Taylor and I pray for her at his bedtime and I hope he is taking it all in. Thad and I feel the time is coming to be ready for her. Please pray for us for these 3 things:

1) Naming her. We still are not firm on her name. When we get her picture we have 24hrs to say yes and send in her name. From my understanding this is a forever name since her citizenship will be tied to it.
2) Please pray that Thad and I would be sensitive to the Lords leading with bringing Taylor. The plan is to take him but we want to be sensitive to to Lord do to hospitals running so differently there. With Taylors Asthma history and the winter being his hard season it's hard to know for sure what to do. We trust the Lord will prepare Taylor and us for what is the best place for him.
3) Patience. We try to stay focused one day at a time since "who knows what tomorrow may bring". We want to be living everyday for everyday and not feeling incomplete without this little one here. As traveling to get her gets closer it's hard to stay focused on the here and now.

Thanks for your prayers and your interest with what we are up to. Have a great month. -Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment