Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I blog....

For the most part I blog as a journal for my kids. I print pages from the blog and put them in my kids scrap/life books. I truly enjoy reading other peoples blogs and getting good ideas and just hearing how people are doing. So this one is for my kids but you might find it funny.

At the end of Awanas there were no more suckers. I'm not sure how many kids got suckers but Sarah didn't get one and I could hear it a long ways out. She was devistated. I was still selling derby cars so I was holding a crying girl while logging cars and taking money. God helps moms do many things at once! I asked her if she was tired and she said yes through her tears. I held her and talked to her. After all the craziness was done we went to go home. Taylor had gotten a pack of cheese crackers. He asked me to open them. Sarah asked for one. Taylor was thinking. Finally he stated, "Sarah do you know what nice brothers do?" She stated "no".  He said nice brothers share with sisters because they love them. Here Sarah you can have 2 crackers". Sarah looked at Taylor batting her eyes and said "I love you Taylor" He said "Here Sarah you can have all of them". Then he said "Mom next time we go to McDonalds I'm giving Sarah all my frenchfries because I love her. Next time we go I will give her all my pickles and onions too!" Funny she likes the pickles but not the onions!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it soooo nice when that happens? It gives you hope that it isn't always going to be just fights and squabbles. They truly are building a relationship that will hopefully last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to save this and show it to them when they are 16 and 15 on one of those off days and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet Becky thanks for sharing with us. I love that you are blogging more often, I do check it alot. Sarah's hair is just beautiful. I remember it the day you got her. I still remember that room as if it were yesterday when we were all standing and waiting for our turn.

    ReplyDelete