Monday, November 2, 2009

Thank you!

Does anyone else still do thank you cards? I have my kids do them for birthdays in hopes that in some way (big or small) they will be a bit more grateful that people thought of them. What do you do to help with with that? I'd love the ideas. Thanks, Becky

Here is a better pic of Sarah in her "I am 5!" dress


3 comments:

  1. I am a BIG fan of thank you notes/cards even if they are a phone call or handmade from the kids. It is very important and I will encourage it with Miss Annika too. Love the big {5} pic of Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we don't do thank-you cards because I can and could never keep up on it. However we do make a phone call to whoever gave something or did something for us as a family or each child individually. Either way you choose a recognition is definitely a must around here for our family towards others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my kids do thank you notes. I cut the paper for them and then they draw on them and write a simple "thank you" love, so and so. It teaches them that presents come with a cost, in this case their time. I use this time as "writing" in my homeschool.

    My mom is HUGE on thank you's and would be very upset if she did not receive one from the kids.

    ReplyDelete