Thursday, September 3, 2009

random summer updates...

We started the summer with Taylor's 6th birthday. He wanted to wear all white to be like a clone trooper. We had a great time! He loved his clone trooper helmet he got as a gift. Most of all he felt so special that his Oma and Opa came for the party. Opa and Taylor love to tell stories to each other and Sarah does Oma's hair.




Here are a few pictures of our "princess". Most of the time we see the "fair lady" every once in a blue moon we see the grumpy "I need a nap" sleeping beauty and then the princess transforms into a rock-n-roll or county queen. We love to experience them all!





We went to horse camp again this year. The kids had a count down to it. Both kids repacked their bags several times waiting for the day. Sarah was much more into what was in her bag to wear and Taylor into what toys he was bringing.
Sarah loves the horses! she could hardly wait to ride. When she got up she gave me a "go ahead and leave me for hours I've got this mom" look. She was co content up there. I got to go on a trail ride and Thad even went on one too. Taylor rode his bike all around camp and enjoyed hanging with the camp kids that live there. It was such a sad day when we had to leave.







This is the "pond" at camp. The kids swam in it several days. It was so muddy gross. I cringed when they got in!



Here are a few pictures from Taylor's last day of school (June 2009). We are so thankful for his teacher. She is such a wonderful lady and such a blessing to us. She encouraged Taylor so much and he loves her zest for animals and art. Taylor is wearing the hat she had all the kids make for the last day. On the top of the hats they decorated them with their favorite craft supplies.





I took pictures for a wedding that Thad and I went too. We asked someone to take a shot of us. It's the only recent picture we have. Someday I'll train Taylor to snap a few shots.





3 comments:

  1. WE are doing the clone wars here too.

    Josh had so much fun at horse camp. I'm glad your kiddos were able to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look so great. Wow, Sara is changing so much. So different these girls are from when we were all in China. Such happy children now. Thanks for the update. I look forward to them ALOT!!! We miss you guys! Take care. Keep in touch. Annika turned 3 Aug. 22nd. My little girls growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH for high speed. I hated dial-up, especially for keeping in touch and for photo stuff.

    Looks like you've had a great summer. I'll see you in November if all goes well.

    Love to you.

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete