Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick Post

I forgot to mention the great day we had at the AWANA car race a couple weeks ago. Taylor won 2nd place in the race and 1st place for design. Sarah got 3rd place for the race and 4th place for design. The best part was as Sarah was getting her last trophy I noticed that another kid was not going to get a trophy. (Long story short they judge design before the race so who knows who will get what trophy) I looked at Sarah and pointed to the girl next to her and asked her to give it to her. She gave it without hesitation. I don't think she understood it all but I was glad to see her share a trophy. Then Thad saw a boy that didn't get a trophy next to Taylor. Taylor was already beaming at 2 trophys! Thad called out to him and had a little chat with him. Taylor (by himself) gave the little boy his trophy. We talked all day about giving to people who don't have what we have and the joy from giving what you have received to someone else. He asked us about it all day and sometimes got sad but in the end those race cars helped him (and Sarah I hope) to learn something more valuable than winning a race. -Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment