Back into the grove of things (or trying to get there!)
Thad has been back to work for 2 days now! He said it felt like he was never gone. I think the early wake up isn't great in his mind but I think he enjoys knowing that he is doing what he is called to do. I think him being at work is helping me to just get a routine down and start to think about helping the kids with "kid stuff".
Sarah is a little helper. She tells Sydney (the dog) what to do all the time. Normal for a youngest child who gets told what to do by everyone. Poor girl needs/wants some control and someone to boss. She is a great helper. She knows that when mom is cooking dinner it is her time to empty the dishwasher. She loves me tying her little apron on her. She tells me, in Chinese, about the things she is unloading. It is a very animated conversation and sometimes she will just turn to look at me like "mom don't you get it" I say, "yes Sarah oh yeah that's right" and she starts it all over again: putting dishes away and talking up a storm. I have to remind myself daily that she has only been home a month and 1/2.
Taylor is getting better and joking with Sarah with her mocking. It drives him nuts that she says everything that he says. So we have started trying to give him phrases that make him laugh when she says it back. Do you have any good phrases for him; I'm running out of ideas!
We went to the beach for 4 days. It was hard to be gone from home after felling like we just got home but it was good for the kids. They slept in the same queen bed and did it really well. They would go to bed together and wake up in good moods; what a blessing. They both loved the pool and we made it a daily affair. One day we went twice. Both of them love the water and really like to horse around. Taylor is a great swimmer.
Taylor and I started reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" book from the Narnia books. It's his first chapter book and he is doing well at listening to the story and asking questions. Thad's cousin Jessie let us borrow it and it's been fun. I didn't realize he would sit to listen like this yet.
Well I better get to bed. Please keep our niece Abby in your prayers. She is almost 18 months old and having cognitive and motor skill issues. There have been lots of tests and even a muscle biopsy but we still don't know the cause of everything. She may now be having seizures we don't know yet. She is just the sweetest thing and is such a content little girl. Please keep their family in your prayers. They have been through this with their little one and so much more.
Have a great week -Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment