Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer...late nights outside on the porch, baseball games, horse camp, we enjoyed it all. Tonight as the kids were reading outside on the porch by flashlights I realized this summer has flown by. We get so busy we forget to stop and cherish the time we have. So here's to more reading by flash lights, sleeping outside under the stars, and whatever else comes our way. Thank you Lord for all our days.



Who says baseball is serious stuff when you can "fly" over the pitchers "mound"
1st try stolen base....safe back to 1st...
 ...next pitch...1st stolen base...
 1st time around the bases (earned)...


 North Marion 1st place trophy. The kids had a blast and got to autograph their trophy.


Horse Camp...every year I get a little nervous that something bad will happen on my watch...am I prepared? Every year I drive away feeling like our family gained more from the week than we gave. Thank you Lord for letting us be apart of camp for a week. Thank you to all the families who work full-time at camp. Every year I see kids lives changed, faith secured, hope alive. Camp is life changing for many kids. Taylor got to attend his first camp this year for a weekend. No pictures but lots of great memories. These pics are from our week at horse camp. There is a "pond" the kids live at during the day. Realy I don't think they are supposed to swim in it but they absolutly love it. They catch tadpoles, watch dragon flies, create all sorts of dams and cities in the mud and at the end of the day they all get washed off. The 2 other girls are from a camp family. The 4 of them had such a great time.




 swimming to get the shoe on the other side...
 there were so many dragon fies.  We would just sit and watch them touch the still water, land, and fly off again...wow God gives all things such stunning detail....


No comments:

Post a Comment