We've been home and staying out of the water. Taylor needed to get another set of stitches from the sprinkler accident so that puts water out of our reach. It's will be total of 3 weeks with stitches. Sarah and Taylor have been having fun with Taylor's new bed. It's a loft bed and they enjoy "camping" under it. "Camping" is now their favorite play thing. Sarah sets up the "site" and Taylor "starts the fire"and tells the scary stories. We had a big talk about real fire not being ok in the house. Sarah now has starting asking for a bed like Taylor's. This is the first time she has really expressed a like to us so it's fun to see her continue to open up.
So we did find the frog. The frog had been lost for a couple of weeks. Taylor and I were convinced that he got left outside. BUT as I was cleaning windows from the outside and Taylor was doing the inside he asked "mom what's this?" I didn't look up and then I heard "Hi froggie" from Taylor. I came inside and sure enough he had found a dried up leather looking frog. He did realize the frog was dead but he didn't want to throw him in the garbage. Another chat and the frog with his germs went in the garbage.
Sarah is doing great with speech therapy. She loves her teacher Monica. She will start preschool this fall and Taylor will start kindergarten. Sarah will need to be re-evaled for her soft palate in October and probably have surgery in December to lengthen it. We are hoping that her pressure sounds will be better after that. Right now her d,f,g,p,r,s, and other sounds are hard to understand. She doesn't mind it. We sing songs and it helps with the sounds.
I have to go. I'm at work and we are having a "q" day here. We don't use words like "quite" here; I work with superstitious people. Smile Smile.
Have a great week. -Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment